Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Finance Assistant - Qatar
Clariba Consulting Middle East
Clariba is a leading Business Intelligence (BI) consultancy company and our customers cover telecommunication, education, healthcare, manufacturing, banking and public sectors across the Middle East, North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. We have an opening for a Finance Assistant to join our growing team in Qatar.
This position is an individual contributor role and is based in the Doha office but is also part of the Finance/Administration team reporting to the Company Administrator in Barcelona. This individual is a well-rounded professional with proven abilities to coordinate or assist with a variety of finance projects at the same time as well as some administrative duties. The individual will mainly assigned to finance/accounting topics but may also provide local support for sales and/or operations tasks in Qatar.
Accounting for Qatar subsidiary and support to other subsidiaries of the group:
- Set up and maintain general ledger, chart of accounts and perform financial reviews and analysis of revenue, expenditures, balance sheet accounts and budget variances.
- Prepare monthly closures with cut-off procedures
- Ensure accurate data quality in ERP and financial reporting (monthly, quarterly and yearly) and financial statements (balance sheet, P&L, cash flow statements, payables and receivables, etc.)
- Bank reconciliations
- Act as a key resource person to both the Finance Manager and Company Administrator by providing input and coordination of budget preparation, business analysis and internal controls
Management of Accounts Receivables and Payables:
- A/P - management and set up of suppliers in ERP; process and payment of invoices; reconcile accounts; maintain an orderly and accurate filing system
- A/R - management and set up of customers; POs, invoicing milestones in ERP; process invoices; prepare receipts; deliver invoices; track A/R in ERP; contact outstanding accounts for payment until received
Coordination of Tax compliance and Audits:
- Responsible for customer invoicing and tax compliance needs
- Support the annual financial audit process
Bank relationships management:
- Day-to day operations with bank, maintain good relationship, etc.
Other Finance/Administration tasks as required:
- Processing employee expense reports, travel allowances, deposits etc.
- Coordination of payroll topics with Human Resources team
- Support the Qatar Sales Manager with sales admin tasks such as setting up meetings, delivering proposals, purchase order process, coordinating customer set up in ERP
- Office management support for Qatar team, including but not limited to visa application process, new employee arrival topics (with HR), purchase of office supplies, trade license renewals, etc.
What we offer:
- An international and multicultural environment with the opportunity to work in a growing company in the Middle East region
- A permanent contract in Qatar
- Annual Performance Plan and Employee Development Plan to support career objectives
- Opportunities to gain responsibility, grow your finance/admin career and progress through our Talent Management Program based on motivation, dedication and skill development
- The chance to gain valuable technical, project management and communication skills
- A comprehensive compensation and benefits package
We are looking for the following:
- Degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required
- Recent experience in a similar finance role and at least 2 years of progressive accounting experience
- Relevant accounting designation or working towards one (CGA, CMA, etc.) is preferable
- Strong (advanced to expert level) Excel skills
- Experience NetSuite or Equivalent ERP system for accounts and employee management
- Superior written and oral English and Arabic communication skills (proficiency in English is Required, proficiency in Arabic is desirable)
- Proficiency in another language such as Spanish is also desirable
- 2-4 years of experience in similar roles
- Ability to multi-task and juggle deliverables for a variety of different topics at the same time and ability to work under deadline pressure
- Trustworthy with the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with utmost discretion
- Autonomous thinking and proactive approach to investigating and discovering solutions
- Ability to communicate with customers, potential customers and employees in a professional and courteous manner
- Time management and prioritization skills ensuring that tasks are delivered to the best of your ability and good records are kept
- Self-motivated team player with willingness to work independently while following guidelines
- Commitment to open, transparent and frequent communication with customers and team
- Interest and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Currently located in Qatar (with residency visa and valid driving license)
- Ability to start within 1 month or less
Please note that candidates invited to interview for this role will be required to complete financial exercises/tests throughout the process in order to demonstrate required knowledge and experience.
Degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required
Clariba is an expert provider of business intelligence (BI) services and solutions and a specialist in SAP BusinessObjects technology. We have three offices (one in Europe and two in the Middle East) to serve our growing EMEA customer base.
Clariba develops best practice BI solutions for dashboards, reporting and analysis, providing our customers with clarity and actionable insight to improve their business performance. Our customers in the Middle East are leaders in the telecommunication, education, manufacturing, and banking sectors. By working closely with business leaders and IT teams, Clariba turns vital data from ERP, CRM and other transactional systems into actionable insight for all levels of the organization.
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Information Technology
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance
- Joining Date: 2014-06-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 2 Max: 5
- Residence Location: Qatar
- Gender: Female
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma