Factory / Plant Manager - Wood Factory
AL HURAFI FOR ADVANCED CONTRACTING CO.
The Manager will be responsible for directing and monitoring the performance of the Plant with respect to achieving performance targets, growth, profitability and meeting clients.
Responsibilities include guiding, directing and overseeing the following departments under his control:
• Production - Doors
• Production - Wardrobes
• Planning & Inventory
• Health & Safety
• Quality Control
• Sales and Marketing
• Logistics & Material Management
• Direct and oversee the activities of all plant departments, ensuring work priorities are adhered to and critical problems are resolved in order to avoid impacts to the smooth operation of the plant.
• Set the Plant high level goals and objectives and work with the plant department Managers on attaining such goals by closely monitoring their operations.
• Develop the annual operating and capital budgets for the entire plant, by using forecasts received from Managers.
• Conduct reviews of operating results of the Plant performance on a regular basis to determine whether it is meeting its short and long term. Follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
• Provide approval and advice for managing crisis/emergencies and ensuring the continued operation of the Plant.
• Keep abreast of developments in the Wood based products industry, technological development in the industry, attending specialized seminars, recommending subordinates’ attendance of such seminars and training for further development.
• Direct and oversee the implementation of the policies and procedures for the entire plant.
• Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to department managers to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies.
• Communicate and discuss the department’s guidelines and procedures with department managers to ensure responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities are defined and understood.
• Delegate responsibilities to appropriate subordinates in order to benefit from smooth running of operations.
• Provide guidance and leadership to all department managers to ensure effective and efficient flow of work, and ensure all departmental managers recognize their fundamental role in the operations of their department.
• Conduct annual performance appraisal to review department managers’ work performance.
• Recommend salary adjustments, rewards and promotions based on department manager’s performance. Carry out disciplinary meetings when needed.
• Monitor the adherence of department managers to the company’s guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Ensure effective departmental performance through the selection, development, deployment and motivation of competent staff.
• Above average English Language
* Strong Communication Skills
• Quality Management
•AutoCad & designs Knowledge
• Familiar with management methods and work organization
• Takes care of technical innovation and the state of technology
• Familiar with tools of production controlling
• Takes care of market changes and product innovations
• Decision-Making Skills
• Holding People Accountable
• Advisory & Consultation
• Application of Industry Knowledge / Best Practices
• Crisis Management & Resolution
• Leadership Skills
• Organizing and Planning Skills
- Job Location: Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Industrial
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Management
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 10
- Residence Location: Saudi Arabia
- Gender: Male
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma