Estimator - Interior Fit Out
Al Tayer Group
To assist Estimating Manager in preparing a realistic and competitive estimate of the cost of labour and material required for the project, in order to enable the senior management to evaluate the economic viability and decide upon the participation in the tender.
• Procure labour cost, material cost from within the company, vets the price quotations to arrive at competitive labour and material cost to be submitted to management for their perusal and decision.
• Prepare upon award of the project a summary of the job including cost of labour, material, quantity and quality of the material required strictly as per the specification of the client to ensure that they are as per the prescribed parameters.
• Assist Estimating Manager, in implementing strategies and plans to ensure that estimating process takes place in most professional and cost effective manner, in coordination with Quantity Surveying department.
• Finalize tender using the CCS
• Prepare estimates, for the QS, to obtain the approval of the client/consultant of the variation in the labour and material cost arising out of a change in drawing proposed by the client.
• Prepare BOQs from drawings, price and submit to the Estimating Manager for approval.
• Assist the Chief Estimator in drafting a final report on pre and post completion cost so as to enable the management to assess the profitability on the job.
• Higher Diploma in QS
• 2-3 years’ experience in a large construction / interior fit out Company.
Functional Skills & Specific Knowledge
• Good knowledge of Job Costing gained through formal training or work experience.
• Knowledge and experience in, the use of various Forms of Contract, particularly FIDIC, and exposure to constructions Contract Law claims procedures.
QS / Civil/ Architechture
Founded in the United Arab Emirates in 1979, the Al Tayer Group represents some of the world's most renowned brands in the Automobile, Fashion, Jewellery, Perfume & Cosmetics, Publishing as well as Business & Service industries.
Al Tayer Group is a family owned business comprising of over 40 companies, each known for the highest level of quality and service, thus placing the Group as a leader in the UAE's business community and beyond.
Today, the group's business activities extend beyond the UAE to cover the GCC and Middle East markets for the retail and distribution business of Perfume & Cosmetics, Fashion & Jewellery.
We pride ourselves in being an employer of choice where our employees are our most valuable assets. Through continual innovation we strive not only to expand and strengthen our business' but also grow and strengthen our employees.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Construction
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 3 Max: 10
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Gender: Male
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma