Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Drilling Department is responsible for the design, engineering and execution of all Drilling, Completion and Well Intervention activities in strict compliance with corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and relevant regulatory requirements.
In principle, a Drilling Specialist is responsible for well engineering, design and technical integrity aspects of wells, administering drilling service contracts and ensures the safe and efficient execution of well projects in onshore and offshore area. He will be a leading the drilling programs for conventional oil targeting appraisal & development wells as well as unconventional wells (Shale gas development wells & HPHT exploratory wells).
• Undertakes well engineering and design projects, setting clear priorities and goals to deliver top quartile performance and in accordance with the well Statement of Requirements
• Prepares drilling programmes and provides input to well completion and intervention programmes in a timely manner
• Ensures projects are executed safely and efficiently, in full compliance with corporate policies, standards, procedures and guidelines and relevant regulatory requirements
• Inter-faces effectively with other teams e.g. subsurface, HSEQ, projects, commercial, finance to safely and successfully deliver the well
• Develop HPHT well designs and manage associated studies as per the project maturation process Stage Gate requirements and Participate to HPHT operations follow up and provide technical support.
• Demonstrates a challenging and innovative approach to well design and construction to ensure cost effective, safe and environmentally acceptable Well Engineering solutions. Keeps abreast of new and emerging technologies, especially Shale Oil/Gas development sector, in support of Centrica’s objective to be an industry leader
• Applies appropriate techniques and processes to drive performance through benchmarking and data analysis
• Ensures appropriate peer reviews and/or Risk Assessments are held for each well with assigned actions closed out accordingly
• Responsible for the capture and close out of lessons learned and analysis of NPT events
• Prepares and submits End of Well Drilling and Completion Reports. Ensures all reports are
factually correct and recorded correctly
• Contributes to the AFE preparation and submission process, manages well costs and prepares forecasts, checks and approves invoices, etc. for particular projects. Ensures operational and project expenditures are effectively managed, controlled and monitored
• Prepares and evaluates tenders for drilling operations. Acts as Technical Sponsor for certain drilling contracts. Supports the contractor management process by developing highly positive relationships with contractors and suppliers and ensuring delivery against KPIs/scorecards
• Provides technical support and gives work direction to less experienced engineers, TA, etc. Openly shares knowledge
• Participates in relevant local industry forums
• Provides support to the Emergency Response Team (ERT) in the event of an incident with
• Makes regular visits wellsite for technical meetings/inspections and to enhance onshore and offshore relationships/communications
• Provide support to the senior management and wellsite supervision team and provides cover during periods of absence, as required.
• Provide assistance to offshore drilling team, as required.
• The job holder is expected to take ownership for the continuous development of personal
and technical expertise and knowledge
• The job holder is expected to be flexible and undertake additional duties commensurate with the overall responsibilities of the job, and that are within their competence, when required.
• Significant experience in HPHT Wells.
• Superior understanding of drilling practices and design such as directional well planning, well control, hydraulics, solids control, and drilling with SBM.
• Commercial awareness/Understands project financing/cost control principles
• Proven Safety leader and highly proactive on safety and environment in a demanding HSE regime. Good health, environment and safety management knowledge and the ability to manage multiple contracts simultaneously.
• Ability to work well with others in a culturally diverse; mutli-functional team environment. Able to interact effectively with peers; service and contractor representatives.
• Capability to run Software such as Landmark (StressCheck, Wellplan, CasingSeat & Wellcat)
Degree in an engineering/technology/science discipline
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Company Industry: Oil/Gas
- Company Type: Recruitment Agency
- Job Role: Engineering
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 10
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma