Director D2, Finance & Treasury
UN World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking a Director of Finance and Treasury at D2 level, based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Executive Director and CFO for Resource Management and Accountability, the Director of Finance and Treasury is responsible for overseeing the following functions: Accounts Payable, Corporate Payroll, Treasury, General Accounts, Contributions & Project Accounting, and Business Development (Cash & Vouchers). Key duties include:
• Provide direction for, lead and manage the financial functions of WFP including financial reporting, accounting, financial management of contributions as well as oversight of treasury and financial risk management;
• Ensure transparency and accountability of the organisation’s accounts and financial disbursements;
• Ensure that WFP’s financial policies are complied with, kept up to date and that new policies are issued when required;
• Set policies and strategies for mitigating and controlling financial risks;
• Support WFP’s managers in financial matters and provide coordination and guidance on financial and accounting training for staff;
• Provide functional oversight for Regional Finance Officers to ensure compliance with established financial policies and procedures in field offices;
• Manage the Division and its human, financial and other resources;
• Maintain and update as necessary WFP’s internal control framework in support of WFP’s CFO. Oversee processes related to WFP’s Internal Control Framework including the Statement on Internal Control, compliance with COSO, and maintenance of internal control guidance material;
• Monitor implementation of oversight recommendations (Internal Audit, External Audit, Audit Committee, UN Joint Inspection Unit);
• Support institutional change initiatives in financial management in respect of the overall organisational strengthening effort in WFP, including the on-going review of WFP’s financial architecture;
• Represent WFP in governance fora and at interagency meetings and conferences; and
• Perform other related duties as requested.
• In-depth knowledge of International Public Service Accounting Standards;
• Outstanding finance and budgeting skills;
• Good knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures is highly desirable.
Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field;
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide.
In emergencies, we get food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After the cause of an emergency has passed, we use food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives.
WFP is part of the United Nations system and is voluntarily funded. To learn more about WFP's operations, please visit our website at: http://www.wfp.org
- Job Location: Italy
- Company Industry: Healthcare, other; Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type: Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: $10,000 - $15,000
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Executive/Director
- Years of Experience: Min: 15
- Degree: Master's degree