Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Country Sales Manager - FMCG market leader - Oman
Progress Personnel Ltd
This market leading FMCG company is seeking to add a highly experienced Country Sales Manager to its team in Oman.
You will be joining this expanding organisation during a period of change and growth; the aim of this role is to work with the Senior Management team and to provide leadership for the sales function.
Key areas of responsibility will include;
• Ensure targeted orders are placed by the distributor on time every month.
• Constantly monitor the market to ensure RSP’S are as per price lists, merchandising guidelines are being followed and distribution for all sku’s is as per plan by area by outlet type.
• Keep a diligent watch on in-market sales (secondary sales) and inventory and
make recommendations, seek approval & take appropriate action to keep them
in line with the targets.
• To know each and very trade channel for the concerned products thoroughly, identify possible opportunities /issues as soon as possible
• To negotiate effectively with both the trade and distributor so as to maximize the benefits for the Co. in terms of the display and marketing spends.
• Train distributor sale staff in aspects where they need support i.e. routing plans for vans, negotiating with key customers etc.
• To personally know and build a relationship with all key customers (top 20)
• Ensuring all promotion plans, trade deals etc. are executed well and on time so as to achieve targets.
• Interact effectively with the marketing/TM personnel in Dubai to 1) obtain needed funds and 2) plan activities to achieve targets and 3) provide accurate and timely feedback on the market and promotions.
• Prepare pricing surveys, top 20 customer analysis, sales & inventory, consumption reports, for presentation in the monthly sales meetings.
• To conduct regular analysis of display spend by outlet and make the changes necessary to maximize the efficiency.
• To verify all distributor claims and ensure proper procedures and records are in place for promotional claims i.e. proof of performance.
• Review/analyze bi-monthly retail audits and make appropriate plans and take action to fill gaps/avail of opportunities etc.
To succeed in this role you will need premium brand FMCG experience in Oman for a minimum of 5 years and ideally you should already have good contacts with Co-ops/branches and Modern Trade.
Strong communication / presentation skills and fluent English is essential; fluent Arabic/ Urdu/ Hindi would be a plus. A proactive result oriented approach and an ability to work independently with minimum supervision is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Sales Manager to join a market leader in the GCC.
Progress Personnel are acting as an employment agency
Degree educated ideally
We are a UK based recruitment agency that specialises in executive recruitment across the Middle East. Our clients have offices in Bahrain, Doha, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Oman.
Our areas of expertise include;
Finance and Accountancy
Sales & Marketing
Operations & General management
Construction and Engineering Management
HR & Human resources management
- Job Location: Muscat, Oman
- Company Industry: FMCG
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Sales
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
- Residence Location: Oman