Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Al Shafar Industries Alumco LLC
• Prepares and defend claims, review tender tabulations for accuracy, tender recommendation, completeness and recommends selection of tenders within delegated approval.
• Reviews prime contract between client & consultant and make recommendations to managers to ensure appropriate provisions are reflected in the general, special and pricing conditions of the master contract forms.
• Extension of time, evaluation, assessment and resolution of claims.
• Document investigation, evaluation, strategies and resolution of claims through reports, file comments, correspondence, memos and other similar means of communication.
• Bring claims to conclusion by communicating contractual coverage and liability positions and entering into negotiations, where appropriate, including arbitration, mediation and other ADR methods of settlement. Obtain settlement documents’ including releases, proofs of loss, etc. and issue payments as appropriate.
• Provide advice on, as well as being involved directly with settlement.
• Advising on the contractual risk issues on Conditions of Contract and Loss & Expense, Extension of Time Claims and contractual procedures etc.
• Having a sound knowledge in Construction Law and in all main forms of construction contracts including FIDIC.
• Minimum 5 years commercial / contracts / claims experience.
• Preference will be given to applicants demonstrating senior client side claims management experience.
• Major multi-disciplinary, multi contractor infrastructure project experience essential. Preference given to applicants having experience of projects containing high levels of specialist systems.
• Evidence of quality report writing / advice drafting skills required.
• A clear communicator able to distil and quickly analyze extensive project information.
• Understanding the working method of ‘POMI’ ‘CESSM3’, ‘SMM7’ and ‘FIDIC’ Conditions of Contract
• Demonstrable skills in claims management and claims resolution strategies essential.
Bachelors degree in Civil/Architecture/Mechanical
ALUMCO LLC is a specialized Aluminium Facade contractor. It’s prime business is the design, engineering, manufacture and installation of all types of façade systems, including the most advanced curtain-wall and cladding systems offered anywhere in the world. Its scope of work covers skylights, cladding, doors and windows, double-glazing, tempering, powder coating and steel fabrication.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Construction/Civil Engineering
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Joining Date: 2014-08-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 5 Max: 10
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma