Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
To ensure the seamless running of the Cafe in the most efficient and effective manner delivering the highest possible standards of service, whilst being pro-active in maintaining and/or improving turnover and profitability. Reporting to the General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Delivery of business strategies, with the support of the General Manager & Head Chef
• Seek and maximise revenue opportunities and minimise costs
• Consistently exceed guest expectations
• Develop a motivated and high performing team committed to delivering clear goals
• Protect the health, safety and well being of our guests and colleagues
• Be a change agent, constantly reviewing service delivery
• Work closely with the Café Head Chef to ensure a seamless operation
• Review and communicate unannounced diner reports and initiate required action
• Develop a culture of actively seeking feedback from customers on a regular basis
• Agree and implement actions to continuously improve the guest experience
• Ensure customer requests and feedback, both verbal and written are responded to promptly and efficiently
• Maintain and further enhance relationships within the immediate locality, namely residents, retail and office tenants
• Managing Sales and Conversion
• Agree and support implementation of revenue generation initiatives
• Create, deliver and measure promotional activities, including staff incentives
• Support the creation and implementation of a departmental sales plan, in conjunction with the GM/Reservations & Promotions Manager
• To provide a clear handover during shift changes and ensure each shift is reviewed and handovers/briefings are carried out
• Bi-weekly meetings take place with key managers and team leaders to ensure the team are fully briefed and action points are recorded and achieved
• To make yourself aware and notify your team of any menu changes, special requirements (including menu items and dishes), outstanding orders or work tasks required prior to the commencement of service
• To ensure all staff are well briefed on their responsibilities and are given constant supervision and motivation on all aspects of their work
• To supervise the daily morning meetings with all senior supervisory staff to brief on the day’s activities, menus and events
• Review and communicate financial information to assist in proactive and timely decision making
• Manage monthly stock-takes and review results and variances with relevant departments
• Ensure that in house control systems/audit requirements are adhered to
• Maintain/develop specific departmental control systems in order to meet or exceed food and beverage margins
• Control costs without compromising standards and customer experience
• Forecast potential revenues and costs for revenue/cost centres, with particular reference to labour forecasting
• To build and maintain an efficient team of employees, driving the team towards the objectives of the business.
• To recruit and select employees to the agreed staffing levels using cost effective recruitment methods
• Develop a calendar of all key training with the HR Officer, identifying training needs and capability gaps within the team
• To manage all employees’ performance in line with job descriptions, giving regular feedback and appraisals
• To manage all disciplinary and grievance issues within the department in consultation with the Human Resources team, giving particular focus to the kitchen / Cafe relationship
• Audit holiday and sickness administration to ensure consistency and accuracy
• Ensure all staff complete an exit interview
• Support the Staff Forum, ensuring consistent representation from the Cafe
• Develop an awareness of the implications that H&S issues have on insurance premium
• Understand relevant H&S legislation and the implications on the business, taking action as required
• To ensure all departmental staff work hygienically and productively
Should have worked in Hi-end Cafe's as Manager before.
Should be able to handle people from all parts of the world.
Should be able to communicate to staff from Top to the bottom line with respect.
Should have a Passion for Customer Service...
Eye for details
Should be a social person with customers
Should have sharp ideas for generating more revenue.
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Company Industry: Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Administration
- Joining Date: 2014-03-02
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Contractor
- Monthly Salary Range: $1,500 - $2,000
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 5 Max: 15
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Nationality: United Arab Emirates; Australia; Bahrain; Canada; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Great Britain (UK); Ireland; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; New Zealand; Oman; Philippines; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Ukraine; United Kingdom; United States; Yemen; South Africa
- Degree: Bachelor's degree