Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
United Development Company
- Perform independent, objective assurance and consulting activities to add value and improve the organization's operations in addition to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes by providing recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in the process of preparing and developing IA & RS methodology.
- Participate in the periodic update of the IA & RS Manual and Charter.
- Participate in the update of the Risk Matrix maintained by IA & RS on a yearly basis with the new risks identified during the year.
- Participate in the preparation of the IA & RS Annual Audit Plan.
- Execute the approved Annual Audit Plan (audit review or follow-up review):
a. Prepare for and participate in the kick-off meeting;
b. Brainstorm with the audit team members, prepare and draft the audit assignment work program and present it to the Lead Auditor and/or Chief Audit Executive (CAE) for approval;
c. Execute the fieldwork in order to achieve the objectives identified in the audit assignment work program;
d. Audit the systems established to ensure compliance with UDC’s policies and procedures, other governmental and international laws and regulations.
e. Identify and suggest new objectives during the fieldwork if applicable and update the work program accordingly after discussing the new objectives with the Lead Auditor and/or CAE;
f. Perform the following: reviewing, testing, verification, inspection, observation, inquiry, interviewing, re-performance, and analysis of data in order to assess the audited area’s operations;
g. Conduct periodic meetings with the Lead Auditor and/or the CAE to summarize the results of the audit activities;
h. Conduct periodic meetings with the audited unit’s Management to brief them about the progress of the audit review;
i. Maintain proper documentation of the audit review and make sure that the work done is timely and properly recorded in the TeamMate;
j. Analyze the observations with the audit team;
k. Discuss the observations with the audited unit’s Management and agree on the actions to be taken to mitigate the identified risks;
l. Participate in preparing the draft audit report which includes the noted observations along with the recommendations to be submitted to the Lead Auditor and/or CAE for their review;
m. Participate in preparing the final report for submittal to Senior Management;
n. Prepare the audit review’s supporting documents;
o. Review observations or reports prepared by other audit team members in order to ensure that they are accurate, objective, clear, concise, and constructive.
- Assist in executing ad-hoc assignments as requested by Senior Management or required by IA & RS Management by following procedures similar to the ones followed in executing regular audit reviews. Adjustments to the procedures are consulted with the Lead Auditor and/or CAE as deemed necessary throughout the review.
- Elevate concerns noted during the fieldwork or other daily activities to the Internal Audit Manger or the CAE and discuss and identify resolutions.
- Prepare summary of the result of planned or ad-hoc audit reviews for the IA & RS periodic presentation to the Audit Committee (in both Arabic and English).
- To undertake any other duties that may be required as determined by the Lead Auditor, Internal Audit Manager and CAE.
- Keep informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing.
- Represent the IA & RS in UDC formed committees where required.
The Internal Auditor is accountable towards:
- IA & RS Management;
- Audited Unit’s Management;
- UDC Executive Management; and
- Audit Committee
in providing accurate, reliable, relevant, objective, clear, concise and complete information on the results of the different reviews, as it might be the basis for their decision making in the related areas
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, business administration or related discipline.
• Professional certification such as CIA, CPA, ACCA, CISA or others.
• At least 2 years experience in Internal Auditing.
• Good audit knowledge and skills from both conceptual and practical viewpoints
• Good skills in collecting and analyzing data, evaluating information, drawing logical conclusions and documenting findings in the form of reports to Management.
• Up to date with any new standards and developments in the profession of internal auditing.
Bcahelor Degree in Accounting
United Development Company (UDC) was established in July 1999 as a public shareholders company in the State of Qatar, in the Middle East, and has been listed on the Doha Securities Market since June 2003.
From day one, the company’s mandate and mission has been to become a cornerstone of the development of Qatar, creating lasting value and maximizing returns for partners and shareholders.
Through a combination of substantial project activities and commercial enterprise, UDC has made substantial progress toward becoming the first-choice private sector joint venture partner for international investors in Qatar.
In The Pearl-Qatar, UDC is not only building a new island, it is creating a new cosmopolitan residential community of some 35,000 persons and an attractive and very accessible visitor destination. With an estimated total cost including dredging, reclamation, infrastructure and buildings, of QR 9 billion, The Pearl-Qatar is currently UDC’s largest and highest profile project. It is also the largest and the first international real estate development project in the State of Qatar.
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Construction
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 2
- Degree: Bachelor's degree